2012 Local Search Ranking Factors Released
I’ve followed David Mihm’s blog for years; he’s one of the true experts in the “local search” industry.
This week, he released Volume 5 of his Local Search Ranking Factors. The information contained in this annual research continues to be the barometer for any business looking to achieve local online visibly within Google.
Although there are many other factors that local business owners need to consider, this information provides the basic knowledge required for those “do it yourself” type business owners. Especially important this year, the addition of Google +Local Pages.
Many of the fundamentals have not changed. For example:
- Have an address in the city that’s being searched
- Associate your business with complete and proper categories.
- Have an address close to the Centroid (sad to say)
- Ensure your data is accurate and complete across the Local Ecosystem–especially on authoritative citation sources
- Work on getting your customers to review you at the new Google +Local
The results of this years research are here. This is a fantastic starting point for all those looking for a basic understanding of Google local search results.Tweet